Club Member’s Code of Conduct:
As a responsible athlete and member of the Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers Club, I will:
- Abide by the UKA and the HCAF (Home Country Athletics Federations) Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Procedures.
- Abide by the UKA and the HCAF Adult Safeguarding Policy and Adult Safeguarding Procedures.
- Respect the rights of every club member, coach, others involved in the training and treat everyone equitably.
- Uphold the same sporting values away from sport as I do when I am engaged in athletics.
- Participate within the rules of the sport, respect decisions of coaches and officials, and demonstrate respect towards fellow club members.
- Consistently promote positive aspects of Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers Club and never condone bullying and abuse of any type.
- Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others do not undermine, put down or belittle other club members and coaches.
- Avoid swearing and abusive language whilst in training session venues, at club functions and events, or when as part of a team representing Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers.
- Challenge and report inappropriate behaviour and language by others towards other Club members.
- Not to misuse or abuse sporting equipment and venues.
- Act ethically, professionally and with integrity, and take responsibility for your actions.
BREACH OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
I understand that if I do not follow the code, action can be taken by my club and I may:
- Be asked to apologise for my behaviour
- Receive a verbal or written warning from the Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers Club committee
- Be suspended from attending club training sessions and representing Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers in any Club championship races.
- Be suspended from Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers.
- Be required to leave Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers.