Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers present:
The 2023 Thirsk 10
- a 10 mile road and wheel chair race, and
- a 1.5 mile off-road fun run
Let’s Run Voucher prizes available for 1st male and female winners
Plus extensive prize list throughout the age categories.
Sunday March 12th 2023
- Thirsk 10 road -10.00AM
- Wheelchair road – 9:50AM
- Fun Run – 9.00 AM – Not timed
- Chip timing
- T-shirt to all 10 mile finishers.
- Extensive prize list throughout all age categories
- Road closures in place although not traffic free
- All entrants must be 17 years or over on race day
- All numbers and chips to be collected on race day.
- Memento for Fun Run entrants
- Not timed
General Considerations and Safety
- The 10 mile race is not traffic free but road closures are in place
- Parental or Guardian permission must be given to all runners under the age of 17 on race day.
****Following a meeting with our T10 Traffic Management Team, it has been brought to our attention that in the event of participants choosing to walk the race, highway and participant safety becomes significantly compromised due to the resulting fragmentation of the race field. We do not currently have a cut off period, your safety and that of highway users, which is of paramount importance to us, will be judged at the Race Directors discretion. Enjoy your Race!****
- No headphones of any type allowed. Failure to observe this will lead to disqualification.
- No dogs
The Norman Smith Trophy is awarded to the 1st unattached finisher in the YO7 postcode area.
Plant a tree
£5 of your entry fee will go towards plant a tree, with the aim that we will plant at least 1 acre of woodland as part of Thirsk 10. It will be matched by funding from Trees for Climate which will pay for the maintenance of that tree for the next 15 years.
About Thirsk 10
About the Thirsk 10
The Thirsk 10 has been run for over 30 years and in the early days it was run from Northallerton to Thirsk. However with the passage of time and the increase in road traffic the route had to be changed. For many years the route went through Sowerby and then out into the country, but some years ago the route had to be changed again because of the problems with closing the roads around town and the resulting traffic congestion.
We now have a fast flat course which lends its self to a fast time and gives all abilities a chance of achieving a PB. It is a wheel chair friendly route and such competitors are started 10 minutes ahead of the main field. In recent years the Club has hosted the North of England 10 mile Championship, Yorkshire Veterans Championships and the North Yorkshire Championships.
|2022||Click here for 2022|
|2021||Did not take place due to Covid|
|2020||Click here for 2020|
|2019||Click here for 2019|
|2018||Click here for 2018|
|2017||Click here for 2017|
|2016||Click here for 2016|
|2015||Click here for 2015|
|2014||Click here for 2014|
|2013||Click here for 2013|
|2012||Click here for 2012|
|2011||Click here for 2011|
|2010||Postponed to 2011|
|2009||Click here for 2009|
|2008||Click here for 2008|