Stay connected – website password tash22!
Time to renew your club membership!
Thank you to all those who have renewed your membership with the Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers, if you still need to renew click here for details and link to application forms. You have until 31 January to renew.
Message from the Committee
The committee meets most months, usually on the 2nd Wednesday evening, after training. From Jan 2023 the committee minutes will be published on the members page of the website (after they have been ratified at the subsequent meeting). Details of where to find them will be given when the first minutes are uploaded.
You can find a list of all committee members (most with mugshots!) if you click on ‘contact us’ at the bottom of the Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers website.
Update on Awards Criteria for 2023
As discussed at the January 11th Committee Meeting, and agreed to communicate to all Members in this digest, it has been agreed to keep the criteria for 2023 awards the same as 2022, ie:
- Awards to be given to first 3 eligible male and female Age Adjusted championship runners, and to first 3 First Past the Post runners. Eligibility and scoring is as documented on TaSH website.
- If any runner is in first 3 of both, the FPTP award will go to the next placed runner.
- If two runners finish with the same points total in a category based on their 10 best results, the position will be awarded to the member with the highest total points score from all 18 championship races.
- Recognition will be given to any Harriers who complete all championship races.
Adult Supervision of junior runners at training sessions
This was discussed at the January 11th Committee Meeting: if you bring junior members to training, please note in order to maintain safety of all runners we have agreed that:
- A parent can supervise a maximum of 3 of their own children;
- If an adult is acting as responsible person, supervising any children other than their own, the maximum is two children. Written authority from a person with parental responsibility (can be electronic, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) is required.
Training Night Reminder
Find out the latest training information on the calendar on our website, here.
Remember to always sign in when you arrive at training! Look for the clipboard with the register on it.
Welfare Officer Required
We currently have one Welfare Officer, Martyn Coy, however, we need a second, preferably female. If you are interested in taking on this role, please speak with a member of the committee. To find out more about what the role entails England Athletics give information which can be accessed here.
Are you having trouble with accessing the members page from your mobile phone?
Turn your phone from vertical to horizontal (ensure auto rotate is on).
The ≡ symbol will then be visible, and the members link can be chosen.
Remember the Club Calendar on the Members page of the Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers website is updated regularly with details of training sessions, championships and league races, time trials and social events. You can browse it by week or by month for all 2023.
If you wish, you can connect our club calendar directly into your personal Google or iCal calendar on your mobile device, tablet or PC by clicking here. Updates on the calendar from our side will immediately be stored in your personal calendar. You will also find the link button on the Members page
Recent Press releases
News that Marian Codling has sent to local papers including Thirsk Weekly News and Darlington and Stockton Times, is now also on the home page of the website, click here to view.